As we know dessert is an essential part for celebrating every occasion, be it festivals or parties there is no another sweeter way to celebrate other than having a “mithai” (Mitha- the local word). Guests come uncertainly and kids love to have sweet all day long so this is the perfect recipe to be cooked and served quickly, and delicious too.
Here are the Preparation Details:
|Total Time||30 Minutes|
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
- Milk – 1 ½ Cups (Full Fat)
- Condensed Milk – ½ Cup
- Bread Slices – 2
- Ghee – 4-5 Tsp
- Cardamom – 3-4
- Saffron – few strands
- Cashews, Almonds, Raisins – few
- Edible Silver Leaf – to garnish (opt.)
- Take a wide big pan, pour milk into it and heat it in high flame. Stir it once in a while.
- After 8 minutes add kesar to the milk, stir it and keep on reducing.
- After 2-3 minutes of adding kesar, add condensed milk to the milk, stir it and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Continuously stir the milk after adding condensed milk to prevent sticking and burning for about 15 minutes.
- Crush the cardamom pods to make a powder.
- After about 15 minutes, rabri looks thick and bubbly, it’s all ready! Lower the flame, and add cardamom powder and mix well. Switch off the flame.
Bread and Nuts:
- Heat up another pan, add 2 tsp ghee and add cashews and almonds. Shallow fry the nuts until it gets converted into light golden color. Then add raisins and continue stirring until they puff up, take down the nuts in a bowl.
- Then shallow fry the bread in the ghee which is left over from the nuts. Once the one side is brown, pour in about ½ tsp ghee in the uncooked side and flip and toast.
- Take the bread out from the pan after it is done, then toast other bread in the same way. Just need to pour some ghee in each side of bread before toasting.
- Cut the bread slices into small triangles, and roughly chop the fried nuts.
- In a plate, place the bread, scatter a few chopped nuts then pour over some Rabri. And some almond silvers, Kesar and edible silver leaf. Enjoy the heavenly delicacy.
- Use full cream milk or high-quality buffalo milk for thick and bubbly rabri.
- The crispier is toasted bread, the more it is tastier.
- Keep eye on milk and stir it often.
- If you want you can use other nuts as well like pista, coconut etc for garnishing.
Well, friends, I have tried it and loved the taste too, it is a healthy dessert and delicious in taste I rate it 4.2/5.