Palak paneer is one of the most popular north Indian recipes and loved by all age groups of people. This dish is prepared by using fresh cottage cheese and spinach. If you love to enjoy this dish at your home you just learn how to make palak paneer by reading below mentioned steps.
|PREP TIME||15 MINUTES|
|COOK TIME||15 MINUTES|
|TOTAL TIME||30 MINUTES|
Ingredients To Prepare Palak Paneer:
- 1 kg spinach
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 250 gms of cottage cheese (you must cut cubes as well as fried till brown by using a little amount of clarified butter)
- 3 to 4 bay leaf
- 2 onions
- 1 piece of ginger
- 4 tomatoes ( you must blanch in hot water, peeled and pureed)
- Pinch of sugar granules
- 7-8 garlic flakes
- 2 green chili
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp red chili powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 3/4 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp fresh cream
How To Prepare Easy Palak Paneer:
At first, you need to remove spinach leaves from the stem then you must wash leaves in a clean water and make sure about its cleanness.
Then you need to take 2 glasses of water and add spinach, garlic, onions, ginger and green chill after water gets boiling. In the mixture, you need to add a pinch of sugar granules and also boil for at least 10-15 minutes.
Then you just switch off the heat as well as wait until the spinach cool down
Then you must blend the spinach mixer in a blender as well as make a fine thick spinach paste for better taste.
Then you need to heat a heavy bottomed wok, in that you need to add sufficient amount of oil and butter. Then wait for few seconds, when the oil or butter is hot then it is the time to add cumin seed along with bay leaves. When you hear the sound of cumin seed crackle you need to add tomato paste and leave it for five to seven minutes, you must cook these items with medium heat after that add spinach paste with spices including garam masala, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder. After adding these spices you need to leave it for another 5 minute. Then add fried cottage cheese and cook for five minutes with low heat.
Tips And Tricks:
- You need to wash the spinach leaves in running cold water because this will stop the blanching process as well as it will retain the color.
- You need to add sugar while blanching retains color because it is the right time to get tastier palak paneer.
- If you want to get the specific thickness and the amount you must make own paneer at home and it will be more delicious.
- Make your recipe thick and try to avoid adding an excess amount of cream and water this will make your dish too
- You can decorate this dish in your own way.
- You can serve on a plate
Also, Try This Interesting Recipe: Greek Feta Cheese Sandwich Wrap: A Perfect Choice for a Healthy Meal
In general one Serving size 5 oz(s) – 142 g of palak paneer includes Protein (6g), Total Carbohydrate(6g), Calories (170 cal), Fat (14g), Cholesterol(0.035g), Dietary Fiber(2g), Sugars (good) (1g).
Palak paneer is the easy dish and widely loved by people across the world, now you can easily prepare this dish at your home.
- You can take this recipe in a serving bowl as well as garnish it with fresh cream to get great look and flavor.
- You must serve this dish in the hot condition and serve hot with steamed rice or rotis.
- Try to avoid adding too much water or cream because this will make your gravy thinner. Obviously, try to make your gravy thicker because it will taste better.
- If you are interested to use cashew nuts you must soak them in hot water at least for 15 minutes then you must blend it to get a fine paste. Instead of cashew nuts, you can also use almonds but you need to soak it for at least four hours, and then use it without skin.