Check this recipe out and enjoy this ultimate ambrosial Indian fusion dessert.
|Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 Minutes|
|Total Time||20 Minutes|
For the Green Coating
- Sweetened condensed milk – ¼ Cup
- Sweetened Shredded coconut – ¼ Cup
- Food coloring (green) – 4 drops
- Cardamom powder – ½ tablespoon
- Fresh betel leaves – 6 big
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for Gulkand Centers
- Almonds – 2 tablespoons
- Anise seed – 1 teaspoon
- The premium quality of Gulkand – 3 tablespoons (Rose petal jam)
- Rose essence – 2drops
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- A little amount of ghee to grease your palms
- Dry sweetened coconut to roll the truffles
Procedure to prepare the Paan Truffles with Gulkand!!!
- Take a microwave-safe bowl; add almonds in it and heat these in the microwave for one minute or until toasted. If you don’t want to use the microwave, toast the almonds in a frying pan on the gas. Keep the heat of the stove medium while toasting the almonds.
- Heat the anise seeds in the same bowl for 20 seconds until they are fragrant. You can also toast these in a frying pan.
- Take a mixer grinder, put both the almonds and anise seeds into it and turn these into powdered form. Remove the mixture in a bowl, add a pinch of salt (optional), rose essence and mix all the ingredients.
- Prepare balls of the mixture and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Combine shredded or grated coconut, condensed milk, cardamom powder, a pinch of salt (optional) and food coloring in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix all these ingredients and heat them in the microwave for at 1 minute. This results in a thickened mixture.
- Now, cut the betel leaves into small pieces and combined these with the mixture prepared in step 5. Divide into parts in the same count as much as you have prepared balls in step 4.
- Take a ball of the green mixture prepared before and flatten it like a disc. Grease your palms using Ghee. Add Gulkand mixture in the center of the flattened disc. Cover this Gulkand mixture by bringing all the around sides of flattening ball together. Roll this prepared stuff in the dry sweetened coconut and your truffle is ready. Keep it aside.
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator and let it cool before serving.
- Serve it with the vanilla ice cream to get the best taste.
The microwave time can vary depending on the watt of your microwave. Here, timings are based on 1000 watts.
Nothing can be compared with the delightful taste of Paan truffles. Serve it with the vanilla ice cream a delight your soul. The recipe is not just amazing in taste but also the flavor makes you get crazy for it.