It looks tempting and can be served as a mouthwatering dish. It can be prepared very quickly at home with simple ingredients.
This fantastic chicken dish carries a true touch of purity that touches deep inside your soul, and you can feel that heavenly pleasure. This particular dish is an innovation where you can explore a great fusion of chicken and mushroom bringing in that lip-smacking flavor. You can feel refreshed after enjoying the dish that turns out as the essential feature of this recipe.
|Total Cooking Time||80 Minutes|
|Preparation Time||8-10 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||60 Minutes|
Here are Special Ingredients That You Need To Cook
- Eight pieces of chicken (you can choose boneless chicken breasts, thighs, and wings)
- Mixed mushrooms like oyster, maitake, crimini, etc. (12 ounces), sliced or torn into pieces of 1 inch
- Four tablespoons of butter, unsalted and divided
- Freshly ground pepper, Kosher salt
- Four slices of bread (country-style) of thickness 3-4 inch
- One finely chopped small-sized onion
- All-purpose flour (2 tablespoons)
- 1 and a half cups chicken broth, low in sodium
- Four thyme springs
- White wine (dry) – ½ cup
- Sour cream (at room temperature) – ¼ cup
- ¼ cup parsley (finely chopped)
- Hot sauce (example- Tabasco)
Let’s Get Started With Its Preparation
The steps are given below following which you can come out with the mouth-watering chicken dish:
- Keep your oven preheated to 350 degrees. Generously season the chicken with pepper and salt. In a significant skillet heat around two tablespoons of butter. While you are heating the butter, make sure that the flame is medium else the taste of the butter will get spoil.
- Cook the meat with the skin side touching the skillet, for around 10-12 minutes in medium flame. When the skin side of the chicken becomes rich golden brown, transfer it directly to the plate.
- Now it is time to add the slices of bread to the skillet. Press down and cook the bread. When one side of the bread slices turn golden brown, turn over and cook the other side. Within 5-8 minutes, your bread slices will be ready. Transfer your croutons to a plate after they appear brown and crispy.
- Add the remaining quantity of butter to the pan. Pour in the mixed mushrooms and season it with pepper and salt. Keep tossing and cooking until the mushrooms appear golden brown. Usually, it takes 6-8 minutes.
- Add onion, thyme and keep cooking for around 5 minutes, frequently stirring, until onion becomes translucent.
- Add flour, stir, and wait for the onion to be coated. Add wine, stir and cook for 2 minutes approximately.
- After adding broth, pour in the chicken to the skillet again. Bring the gas to simmer. Take the skillet to oven and continue to bake for around 20 minutes until your chicken is cooked completely. Place the chicken neatly on the croutons.
- Place skillet on the gas again. Cook and stir pan juices over medium heat. When the juices become sufficiently thick, remove the skillet from flame and mix the sour cream. Season it with salt, hot sauce, and pepper.
- Add it on top of the chicken and garnish the dish with parsley, red and yellow bell pepper and some onions.
Now, it’s time to serve the delicious mushroom-chicken dish bringing in a big smile on the faces of your family members. You can thus come out with a great surprise that everyone enjoys. This dish creates a beautiful fusion of Indian and continental touch, and you can explore that fantastic taste taking you to real heaven.
The dish is healthy and rich in nutrients. You will gain 750 calories, 200 g carbohydrate, and 17 mg cholesterol. It is an enriching dish, endowed with protein and vitamins. Serve this nutritious breakfast to your children, and they are going to love it.
Overall, it’s a lip-smacking non-veg dish that gains good popularity when served for your kids and other family members.
Tip of the day:
While cooking rice sometimes you may find it getting sticky. Adding a few drops of oil to the rice helps you to avoid the stickiness.