Malabar Fish Biryani is areally simple recipe but loved by all age groups of people and it can be devoured at all times. Now you can enjoy the delicious taste of this wonderful recipe at your home. Obviously, it is the ever-charming dish which is also perfect option to attract your special guest.
|TOTAL COOK TIME||2 HOUR|
|PREP TIME||20 MINUTES|
|COOK TIME||1 HOUR 40 MINUTES|
Important Ingredients For Cooking
- 100 gm green chilies
- 70 gm garlic
- 1 kg seer fish
- 1 kg onions
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup yogurt
- 70 gm ginger
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 kg rice (kaimarice recommended for fish biryani)
- 2 Tbsp of cashew nuts ( take broken nuts )
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- ½ kg tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 glasses water ( consider to add water based on the number of cups of rice)
- 3 pods cardamom
- A pinch of garam masala
- 3 cinnamon sticks
How To Make Malabar Fish Biryani
To prepare mount watering fish biryani you need to follow the below mentioned steps
- At first, take 250 gm onions as well as you must cut onions into thin slices after that you need to heat oil after that you just put 1/2 cup ghee in a pan. Then fry the chopped onion until it gets golden brown color.
- Then fry cashew nuts as well as raisins based on your needs. You just keep the fried raisins and cashews aside.
- You need to apply a pinch of turmeric powder and salt (for taste) and add little amount of water on the fish. Then heat 2 tablespoons oil to fry the fish lightly. When half done you just keep aside.
- Then prefer a heavy-bottomed vessel for further process, take the vessel and heat 3 tablespoons of oil then you need to grind the onion by using a perfect blender and add 1/2 cup water. put this onion mixture to the hot oil. As well as you need to crush chilies, ginger, garlic and add this paste to the mixture of onion then you just stir well for at least for four to five minutes.
- After that add tomatoes, salt and yogurt wait till the water evaporates then you need to add the fried fish pieces, lemon juice, and coriander leaves and Keep aside.
For the Rice:
To prepare rice you need to heat sufficient amount of ghee by using non-stick vessel then add 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion, cinnamon, and cardamoms. At the same time you need to add the washed rice without water then put boiled water (consider 1:2 ratio) finally add some salt based on your needs.
Finally cook on high flame, wait until water absorbed by the rice as well as cover rice for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle a pinch of garam masala powder to get better flavor and taste. Now you need to take heavy bottomed vessel then put the cooked rice then add fish masala also toss some nuts and raisins, fried onion, a pinch of garam masala powder then cover with a rice layer. Then use garnishes on top, after that you need to take napkin dampen it with a little amount of rose water and water then you need to cover the vessel properly. To get the better taste you need to put the biryani on dum around one hour with light heat, this allows you to get nice flavors.
Tips And Tricks:
- You just use malas and garnishes based on your needs
- Add salt as per your requirements
- Instead of ghee you can also use oil but ghee will give better flavor
- For decorative purpose, you can also use almonds, pistachios, cashews
Also, Try This Interesting Recipe: KAKORI KEBAB- Makes Your Meal Time Happy With This Mouthwatering Starter
The total 500 Calories in one serving of Malabar Fish Biryani and it is less in Fat (8.7g). TotalCarbs includes 67.8g and 37.1g Protein.
Malabar Fish Biryani Recipe is not only easy also packed with essential vitamins; it is the best option for attracting your guest during the special day.Even Malabar Fish Biryani Recipe will make your day more special.
- Try to serve this mouthwatering dish in hot condition, this will improve the taste
- For serving purpose you can use clay pot, it will create nice look and also gives restaurant like feel.