Baked Vegetables with Spinach Sauce made of assorted vegetables can change the mood of your love for Healthy and tasty food. Addition of spinach paste with white sauce will spice up the taste of the dish. It makes the dish colorful and unique in taste. A mix of vegetables adds more flavor with its crunchy texture. An ideal dish which can be served to surprise guests in short time.
|TOTAL TIME||52 MINUTES|
|PREP TIME||20 MINUTES|
|COOK TIME||12 MINUTES|
|BAKE TIME||20 MINUTES|
Ingredients for Baked Vegetables with Spinach Sauce:
Items for Spinach sauce –
- 1 cup full finely chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp full plain flour
- 2 cups full pasteurized milk
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Pepper Powder
- Other Ingredients for the dish-
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables boiled (Can pick any seasonal vegetable – Taste best with carrot, beans, Cauliflower, and peas)
- Pinch of salt to taste
- One spoon fresh cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated cheese
- First, we will prepare the spinach sauce-
- Take ¼ cup of water into a deep non-stick pan. Bring it to boiling state.
- Now Add chopped spinach and cook it on high flame for about 1and half minutes. If you find that it is still not cooked then wait to allow the spinach to turn soft.
- Remove it from gas and allow cooling down. Keep it under a fan for fast cooling. Now blend the spinach in a mixer to convert it into smooth and even purée. Collect the paste in a bowl and keep on the side.
- Take butter in a large non-stick pan and heat it over a low flame. Now add plain flour to it and keep stirring, do it on a medium flame for about 2 minutes. Be alert, or the mix may burn.
- Now pour milk and mix it well. Again cook on medium flame for another 2 minutes. Keep stirring continuously to avoid sticking of the mix.
- As per taste add a pinch of salt, and mix well. Maintain the flame medium at the time of cooking for 2 minutes, and stirring.
- While stirring add the paste of Spinach and mix it well. Stick to medium flame for about a minute, continuously keep stirring.
- When it will give an even look to the sauce take it off from the flame. Add pepper powder then mix it well.
Making the Yummy Dish Ready-
First, add spinach sauce with boiled vegetables. Now based on your taste add salt and pepper along with the cream. Mix all well and keep cooking on a medium flame for about minutes. To avoid sticking keep stirring.
Once the mix is ready, pour it into 7″ baking bowl. Now spread grated cheese over it. Preheat your OTG or Microwave at 180 °c (360 °f) and bake the mix for max 15 min.
Serve it hot.
- If you want to make it spicier, then you can add finely chopped onion and garlic in it.
Also, Try This Interesting Recipe: Thai Green Curry – A Healthy And Yummy Meal Choice
One serving of Baked Vegetables with Spinach Sauce contains the following Nutrition:
This dish is enriched with vitamin A (1784.6 mcg), B1 (0.1 mg), B2 (0.2 mg), B3 (0.4 mg) and C (7.7 mg). It also contains Folic Acid(35.5 mcg), Calcium (354.1 mg), Iron (0.8 mg), Sodium (107.1 mg), Potassium (181.4 mg), fat (18.6 g), Protein (8.6 g), carbohydrates (12.3 g), Fiber (0.6 g), Zinc (0.1 mg) and Energy (279 cal)
If you want to serve something healthy yet tasty veg dish to your family then go for it. This recipe is not only yummy but also full of nutrition. Based on taste and nutrition value I will give this recipe a perfect ten on 10.
Its ingredients are easily available, so make it today and share your experience.
- . Serve it with Garlic Bread, Baked Bread, bread roll or Bun.
- You can add it to Herb Tortellini Soup for an excellent dinner.
- If you want to make it in advance to serve guest on time, then keep it inside the microwave. Make it hot for max 30 sec and serve directly on guest’s plate.
- One of the best veggie dish for the winter months as you can add many more vegetables in it.