Enjoy this mouth-watering fish curry dish, which is not only incredibly easy to make but also provides you with various health benefits. Have it with steamed rice or even pita bread to savour its exotic flavour perfectly.
|TOTAL TIME||42 MINUTES|
|PREP TIME||10 - 12 MINUTES|
|COOK TIME||30 MINUTES|
- ½ kg fresh fish
- 1 bowl of tamarind juice
- 1 big onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- For Cooking
- A Clay Pot
How To Make It
- Clean the fish properly and chop it into medium sized pieces. Place the fish in a bowl and add the entire bowl of tamarind juice to it for marinating. Let the fish stay in the juice for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the clay pot to heat.
- Take the onion and the tomatoes and chop them into small pieces and keep aside.
- Mix the turmeric with ground coconut and keep aside.
Once the clay pot is hot enough, pour the marinated fish into it and add the chopped onions and tomatoes to it. Now add the turmeric and coconut mixture to the pot and finally add the green chilies and enough water. Allow the contents of the pot to heat and then add turmeric, chili powder, and salt. Finally, add finely chopped ginger and bring the contents to boil.
Take the cooked chicken out of the place it on the lined sheet pan and bake them for 5 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
Make The Sauce
Take a dry paper towel and wipe the sauté pan clean. For the sauce, wipe out the sauté pan with a dry paper towel. Take one tablespoon butter and melt it in the sauté pan over medium heat. Now add lime juice, white wine, and the reserved lemon halves along with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Boil the contents over high heat until almost half reduces their quantity. Switch off the heat and add the 2 remaining two tablespoons of butter and give the whole mixture a nice swirl.
Take a deep bowl and place fish pieces along with a generous amount of curry in it. Season with chili that has been cut lengthwise and a small twig of curry leaves. You may also add a couple of tamarind buds while plating the dish. Serve the curry fresh and hot with either steam rice or bread and relish its rich, tangy taste in each bite.
Try Also This Interesting Recipe: Simple and Tasty South Indian Home-style fish curry – Meen Kuzhambu
Tips & Tricks:
- Several hours before prepping the fish for the dish, rub it with salt and turmeric and refrigerate it to reduce its smell.
- Add a small amount of sugar, about half teaspoon, the bowl to turmeric juice to reduce its highly acidic nature.
- Prick the fish slightly with a fork before dipping in tamarind juice over it to ensure that the juice gets seeped into the meat properly.
Nutritional Facts And Rating:
A single serving of fish curry with no oil provides you with 176 kcal of energy, and the absence of oil makes it totally cholesterol free. Also, the dish also offers a decent amount of carbohydrates and proteins while its fat content is minimal.
This extremely delicious and lip-smacking dish that is just right for every seafood lover and health freak and gives it a rating of 7.5 out of 10.
If you are a true lover of non-veg food and especially fish dishes, then try this one today. Share the experience with us. Preparation technique is effortless, and so it will be one of the easy ones for you to prepare for entertaining your family and guests in dining space.
- If you are not fond of tamarind and find it too much sour for your taste bud, then replace it with lemon juice
- You can try this fish preparation with many fishes like salmon, Tuna, Spanish Mackerel and Catfish
- Serve this dish with steamed plain rice, and it will taste awesome.