Bake this yummy chicken dish within minutes to satiate your hunger or impress your guests with your cooking. The use of fresh spices and condiments add to the zing and taste of this simple yet incredibly delicious dish.
|TOTAL TIME||30 MINUTES|
|PREP TIME||15 MINUTES|
|COOK TIME||15 MINUTES|
- 1 Whole Chicken Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast Split into Two Parts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 extra large egg
- ¾ cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (preserve the lemon halves)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For Serving
- Sliced lemon
- Freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Place the chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper and then pound it until its thickness becomes ¼ inch. Now sprinkle the kosher salt and freshly ground pepper on both sides of the breast. Repeat the process with the other chicken breast.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a shallow plate or bowl and mix the all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper together in it.
- Take another small bowl and beat the egg along with a ½ tablespoon of water in it.
- Spread the dry bread crumbs evenly on a third plate.
How to Cook
Take the first pounded chicken breast and dip in the flour mixture, followed by beaten egg mixture and finally in the breadcrumbs. Be sure to shake off any extra mixes after each dipping.
Take a large sauté pan and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it over medium or medium-low heat. Now add the chicken breasts in the pan and let them cook for 2 minutes on each side or wait till the chicken becomes slightly brown.
Take the cooked chicken out of the place it on the lined sheet pan and bake them for 5 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
Make The Sauce
Take a dry paper towel and wipe the sauté pan clean. For the sauce, wipe out the sauté pan with a dry paper towel. Take 1 tablespoon butter and melt it in the sauté pan over medium heat. Now add lime juice, white wine, and the reserved lemon halves along with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Boil the contents over high heat until almost half reduces their quantity. Switch off the heat and add the two remaining two tablespoons of butter and give the whole mixture a nice swirl.
Place the chicken breast on a plate and pour the sauce, while also placing a slice of lemon along with the chicken and sprinkling it with fresh parsley to make it even more mouth-watering.
Also, Try This Interesting Recipe: Easy to make Non-Vegetarian Lasagna at Home
Tips & Tricks
- After pounding the chicken breasts, prick the meat slightly with the help of a fork. It will ensure that the flavor of the spices seeps thoroughly into the meat, which further enhances its flavor.
- When melting butter, add a few drops of olive oil to ensure that the butter does not get burnt.
Nutritional Facts and Rating:
A typical serving of the lip-smacking chicken piccata recipe has nearly 1,400 calories including 48 grams of saturated fat. I give the recipe a rating of 8 out of 10.
So what’s your rating? Try it out in your Kitchen today and share with me your experience. I am quite sure that you are going to love this fabulous dish.
- If you want to try this recipe with beef or pork in place of Chicken, then it will work well with tough beef steaks.
- To spice up the taste to make it more crispy and delicious you can coat the chicken using pork rinds completely crushed along with parmesan cheese. Cook it in the oven after giving a coat.
- For fish lovers…. You can try it out with Salomon fish fillets along with soft goat cheese and some caper berries
- Serve hot and enjoy the real taste of Chicken Piccata