Chicken is a favorite food to most of the people because it is quite healthy as meat. It doesn’t contain much oily part in it but provides high protein to the body. Therefore, even the people with high cholesterol level also can intake it without worries. Anyways, usually, we are accustomed to buying and eating a chicken cutlet, whereas the procedure of making is not so complicated. It just needed some ingredients and proper mixing and cooking.
|Total Time||2 hours|
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cooking Time||1/2 hour (cutting into pieces 40mins+ others including frying 50mins)|
|Cooking Difficulty||No difficulties only need some patience to execute the preparation|
The details of the ingredients required in the preparation
We need the following ingredients in the mentioned proportions-
- Nearly 300-350 grams of chicken is needed to prepare around 12 cutlets.
- 2/3 Cups finely chopped onion
- 3-4 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 medium size boiled and mashed potato
- 11/2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- ½ cup boiled peas
- ½ tablespoon garam masala or any cutlet masala
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- ¼ cup besan or egg (it’s better to use the egg)
- ½ tablespoon tomato puree
- Turmeric (as required)
- Red chili powder (as required)
- Salt (as required and preferred)
- Sugar (as required to balance the taste)
- 4-6 tablespoon oil to fry
It is highly essential to clean the chicken after buying it from the market. As it is a boneless preparation, we have to separate the bones from the meat. After this primary step, the actual preparation is started.
Here is how to prepare the Dish
- In the first step of the preparation, we have to boil the chicken for 15-20 minutes in medium flame. After it is boiled, they have to be left to be cool into the normal temperature. As it comes into the normal temperature, they should be blended with the blender.
- In the next step, we have to prepare a mixture with the mashed potatoes, onion, garam masala, turmeric, red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree, salt as needed and a little bit of sugar to maintain the balance of the taste.
- After finishing the preparation of the mixture, the blended boiled chickens are combined with it. After combining the blended brews are kneaded properly to prepare dough out of them.
Preparing the Batter
After the preparation procedure, we have to take the dough into the shapes of the cutlet pieces. We can prepare as many pieces based on their sizes. We can cut them into any shape, square, circular or rectangular shapes. But before frying, we have to undergo another process to prepare the batter.
We have to prepare the batter with the rice flour and the egg or besan. There is no requirement to use water in case we use the egg. Similarly, if the bean is used, then we should mingle a little bit of water to make the batter a thick liquid. Again some salt should be added with the batter. Now, we have to spread the oil on the pan and heat it from some time. Then, we have to dip the pieces of the dough into the batter and fry it in the hot oil.
Tips and Tricks
- The batter should be kept for at least 15 minutes before using it for frying.
- Serve the cutlets with some hot beverages like tea or coffee.
- Serve this as the evening snack.
Serving and Plating
Here we are now to fry the cutlet and have a bite of it coupled with a cup of tea or coffee. Serve the platter along with some green salads like cucumber, carrot and onion slice and some amount of tomato and mustard sauce.
Each cutlet contains total 125-kilocalorie energies.
- The dough has to be prepared without any oil or water. The moisture from the chopped onions would do the work of wetting the dough.
- The cut pieces have to fry it with caution so that they can be fried till it becomes brown. That means, make sure both the sides are fried but avoid burning.