Whether it is happy times or sad times, everyone needs the desert to brighten their day. Banoffee Pie is a tremendous combination of banana and toffee. In small tart moulds, named as Banoffee Tartlets, is a great pick-it-up kinda dessert. The recipe is time-consuming but extremely easy. So let’s get started!!
|Total time||60 mnts|
|Prep Time||30 mnts|
|Cook Time||30 mnts|
- Marie Biscuits: 120g
- Melted Butter: 6 Tbsp
- Bananas: 2
- Condensed Milk: 1 Can (Prepare from Notes: Dulce De Leche from scratch )
- Whipping Cream: ½ Cup
- Chocolate Cream, Strawberries as required
- For Dulce-de-Leche: Start by adding 3-4 cups of water to a pressure cooker, place the sealed can of condensed milk in. Close the pressure cooker and heat in high flame for 2 whistles and then lower the flame to sim and cook for another 25-30 minutes.
- After that remove the cooker from the heat and let it cool down on its own completely, i.e. at room temperature. Take out the can and use it as required.
- Now you need to add the biscuits to a plastic bag and get smashing using a roller pin. Biscuits need to be fine but some crumbly bits are great.
- Transfer it to the bowl and pour some butter, about 3 tbsp at first, mix it well and keep adding more butter until it gets to a consistency where if you gather and press some of the mixtures in your hand it forms that shape.
- Transfer the mixture into 7” inches Tart Pan and press down the mixture using glass press and also make sure to press the sides using two fingers.
- Refrigerate for around 10-15 minutes.
- Whip the cream using a whisk or an electric mixer until peaks form. Keep it aside and slice two bananas.
- Bring the tart pan out and start making layers of sliced bananas. Then make a layer of the dipper out the dulce-de-leche. Dip a spoon in hot water and use it if it is difficult to spread.
- Spread the whipped cream on the top or use a piping bag and pipe designs of your wish. And then again refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Before you serve, curl up some chocolates using a peeler or knife and on top, cocoa powder can be dusted as well. Some sliced strawberries can also be used to decorate.
- For making Dulce de leche using scratch is extremely easy. Just we need to take 500ml milk, 1 cup sugar, and ¼ tsp baking soda. Mix all three and cook same as like we make condensed milk. You should cook a little longer until it is thicker than condensed milk. Let it cool and use. As baking soda is used in this process, first ensure that the milk caramelizes.
- It will be best if Dulce de leche cool and rest for a couple of hours prefer to make a night earlier and let it sit overnight.