Are you interested to taste mouth kebabs at your home? You just follow the below-mentioned steps, here we are going to see how to prepare kakori kebab. It is thegreat dinner party option, this dish also favourite for all age groups of people. Even it also deserves the name from the city of Kakori of Lucknow.
In general, Lucknowi Kebabs are really great and delicious dish and it is the celebration of meat. This starter is really juicy as well as succulent but you need to start right. You can add more taste with chaat masala; it is the perfect starter for your party. To impress your guest and family try this wonderful dish.
|PREP TIME||10 MINUTES|
|COOK TIME||50 MINUTES + MARINATION TIME (5HRS)|
|TOTAL COOK TIME||1 HOUR + MARINATION TIME (5HRS)|
|DIFFICULTY LEVEL||BIT DIFFICULT|
Essential Ingredients Of Kakori Kebab
- Oven temp: 425F-220 C
- 2 cups minced mutton or lamb ( increase the quality based on your needs)
- 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp salt (as per your taste)
- 2 tbsp chopped green coriander
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Take little amount of green chilies(to add taste)
- 4 cloves
- 1 black cardamom seeds
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped raw papaya
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 blade mace
- 1 egg
- 2 cups onions (you must slice onion thin, as well as browned crisp by using 1/2 cup ghee)
- 1/4 cup powdered bhuna chana
- Chaat masala
- Onion rings
- Ghee for taste
- Lemon wedges ( for garnishing purpose)
How to Prepare Kakori Kebab
First, you need to clean the mutton cubes after that mince the meat, you must use kidney fat for the process and do this process at least seven times to make mutton smoother. After that, you need to add finely ground raw papaya paste and wait for few minutes.
Next, you need to mix all the essential ingredients including Yellow chili paste, Mace powder, Nutmeg, Cashew nuts, Copra, raw papaya, Khoya, Poppy Seeds, Clove Powder, Coriander seeds and grind them to get the thick paste. Then mix them well as well as apply it evenly on minced mutton as well as keep it for 30 minutes.
Then head desi ghee by using a deep frying pan, as well as you need to add a pinch of cardamom powder, as well as saffron. After that, you need to add ginger garlic paste as well as crushed onion and wait for few seconds. If you get a rich aroma, you need to add some amount of gram flour to get a thick mixture.
Once the skewer is heated you need to take the small portion of mince mixture after that you need to spread it by using a wet hand, you can also cook it on sigri or tandoor.
While cooking it by using the charcoal grill you need to rotate them to cook evenly. This will take around 15-20 minutes to cook so you can brush with ghee after that cook another two to three minutes.You can serve garnished along with chaat masala onions or you can also use the lemon with green chutney.
Tips and Tricks:
- You must roast on kabab griller until they turn to a brown color. You need to roast it carefully, handle the rods with a damp cloth.
- Before serving this dish you can also throw in some rose petals as well as sprinkle some rose water to get the great aroma.
- You can serve Kakori Kabab with the combination of laccha paratha mint chutney, and sheermal.
One serving of kakori kebab contains 400 calories and the total fat content is around 25 g.
Kakori Kebab is the best starter; overall it is the easy dish and allows you to enjoy your dinner time.
You must carefully cook Kakori Kebab and try to cook evenly.
Serve Kakori Kebab with chaat masala, it will be the better option or serve it with green chutney.