This easy to prepare Greek flavoured sandwich wrap makes for a great healthy lunch or even a fulfilling snack. The mouth-watering recipe is inspired by the ancient flavours used in Greek cuisine and uses easily available ingredients that are rich in taste and have a good nutritional value.
|TOTAL TIME||20 MINUTES|
|PREP TIME||20 MINUTES|
|COOK TIME||0 MINUTES|
- 10” while wheat tortillas – 4 No
- Feta cheese – ¾ cup
- Cherry tomatoes – 16 No
- Black olives – 10 No
- Red onion – ½ No
- Yellow squash – 1 small
- Cucumber – 1 No
- Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Parsley – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – ¼ tbsp
- Pepper – ¼ tbsp
Take the cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, and black olives and slice them into halves before putting them into a bowl. Now take the red onion and cut it into thin slices and add it to the bowl. Cut the cucumber and cut it into dices before adding it to the bowl. Finely chop the parsley and mince the garlic clove before adding them too to the bowl. Add the crumbled feta cheese and all the other spices to the bowl. Keep it aside for at least 20 min while stirring the ingredients occasionally.
Stuffing The Sandwich
- Take the tortillas and spread them out on a workbench.
- Drain off any extra water from the salad created earlier and divide it into four equal parts.
- Now using a spoon carefully place every single portion of the salad at some distance from the edge on every tortilla.
- Now fold over the edge of the tortilla on the filling while turning in the ends slightly. Roll up all the way to the opposite edge and your sandwich wrap is ready for serving.
Take a sandwich plate and place the tortilla wraps whole or after cutting them in the middle in a slanting position. Add a few cherry tomatoes and a wedge of lemon to enhance the appeal of this delicious and healthy sandwich wrap.
Also, Try This Interesting Recipe: PALAK PANEER- Enjoy This Mouthwatering Dish With Steamed Rice Or Rotis
Tips & Tricks
- Before placing the filling on the tortilla, brush it with melted butter or olive oil to enhance its taste even further.
- Replace the feta cheese with tofu to further enhance the health quotient of the sandwich wrap and make it more yummy and filling.
- Add as many varieties of vegetables and herbs as you prefer to add your own unique twist to the sandwich wrap, but try not to replace any of the original ingredients.
Nutritional Facts And Rating:
Full of healthy vegetables and protein-rich feta cheese, the sandwich warp rates extremely high on the health meter. Each serving of Greek feta cheese sandwich wrap provides 267 calories. It also has 9 grams of protein, 31 grams of carbohydrates, 4 g fiber and 15 g fat. In addition, it also provides 39 mcg folate, 2mg iron and 748 mg sodium along with 25 mg cholesterol.
Given that this sandwich is not only extremely easy and fast to make but also provides a healthy meal option in a tasty manner, it deserves a generous rating. That is why I give this extremely healthy and delicious sandwich warp a rating of 7.0 out of 10.
I served it to my family and they also loved it completely. So what’s your take on this Greek Feta Cheese Sandwich Wrap? It’s simple to make and delicious to taste. Try it today and impress your family with this amazing wrap on their plate. Let us know your personal rating too.
- Although it’s a veg wrap if you want to recreate this dish in non-veg version then you can use chicken cubes or shredded pork to make it taste better.
- You can serve the wrap with a bowl of Veg or non-veg soup
- A bowl of Greek curd can also be served with the wrap if you prepare it for morning breakfast. It will increase the nutrition value of the breakfast.
- If you serve it late after preparation then go for a quick 30 sec warm process in your microwave.