Lasagna is a very popular Italian dish which seems to be very complicated while making at home. But with this quick and simple recipe you can very easily impress your family and friends.
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound Ground meat
- Fresh Parsley
- Spaghetti sauce
- Lasagna noodles
- It is better to start with the cheese filling.
- Add 15 ounces of ricotta cheese in a large mixing bowl, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 2 lightly bitten eggs, half cup parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, salt, and pepper to blend them well.
- Add 1 pound of ground meat which should be properly browned along with some spaghetti sauce to prepare the meat sauce.
- Then add 1 cup of water into it.
- Use a 13 * 9-inch baking dish. Spray the dish with the cooking spray and start layering the lasagna.
- A cup of meat sauce first which will prevent the lasagna noodles to stick to the bottom of the baking dish. Layer it with lasagna noodles.
- Top it with 1/3rd of the cheese mixture and spread it out evenly. Add meat sauce again and repeat the layers.
- Top it with a cup of mozzarella cheese and some parmesan cheese for a beautiful crust. Greuze the foil and cover the dish. This will prevent the cheese from sticking when removed.
- Bake it at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and then remove the foil to bake it for another 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and cool the lasagna for 15 minutes.
The time required to make this non-veg lasagna should be around one and half hour. Most of the time is taken by the lasagna to bake in the oven. The rest depends on how fast you prepare the meat sauce and whether you want to have pre-cooked lasagna noodles or raw lasagna noodles.
Tips and Tricks To Make It Easier:
- Soak the lasagna sheets well before cooking. This will make your lasagna much tastier.
- Do not bother yourself with fresh pasta. Using fresh pasta makes it more tedious for you since fresh pasta turned into these sheets can be mushier. Dried and then boiled lasagna sheets are the best for it.
- We all want to add a little veggie for the children in the lasagna. Be careful and keep your vegetables at check because watery vegetables like spinach and mushroom may create soupy lasagna.
- It is very important to cover the foil before baking the lasagna for at least 45 minutes in the oven than remove the foil to bake it for another 15 minutes. This makes the top bottom of the cheese golden brown in color making it much more attractive to the people.
- Try to avoid tomato paste as it is used to make the sauce much thicker but all the original moisture will all be there making the lasagna much soggier than expected.
- If you are using meat then try to use leftover meats which are very high in protein. Finely chop your pre-cooked meat and toss it with some sauces as it settles. This can add some exceptional taste to your lasagna.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice into your ricotta cheese and add some salt into it. This is to make your ricotta ripe which is an original Italian trick.
- Make it enough so that you have some leftovers. Leftover lasagnas are much tastier.
Nutritional Benefits Of The Recipe
- If you are on a diet or want to eat low carbs than lasagna is not an item for you because most of the lasagna contains cheese and meat. But the fact is when something is being cooked at home than it is possible for the maker to keep everything in check. The contents of lasagna are generally very high in calorie. But if you are on a diet it is sometimes goofed to hit the gym for a few hours more in order to have some tasty foods.
- Ricotta Cheese is very low in sodium and has high phosphorus value with added vitamin A and B and also zinc. It contains 25 percent of your daily calcium needs and 14 grams of protein.
- Mozzarella cheese is high in fat but sometimes it can still be a part of a healthy diet plan and helps to keep the weight in check. Consuming high amount of fat food as a part of reduced calorie diet can be helpful in reducing your weight. This is the cheese that is most loved by the Italians and can be found in most of the pizza toppings. It is typically made from cow milk and contains vitamins to strengthen your bones, protecting the cell membranes and helps in absorbing calcium.
- The thing with homemade lasagna recipe is that you have the privilege to make the recipe in your own style. If you want to make it healthier go low on using the cheese. If you do not want to cut down in cheese use lean turkey ground meat. Adding a lot of vegetables in the recipe can also be a good option in maintaining the balance of the diet.
- This recipe is generally inspired by Chef Gordon’s recipe for Lasagna. Though a lot of changes have been made to make it much simpler for you than the original one with the same taste.
- Make sure to use the water if you are using uncooked lasagna as the water helps to cook the lasagna noodles as the lasagna bakes.
- Add some Queso Fresco & Chipotle, black beans and corn to give a salsa flavor to the lasagna.
- You always have the liberty to make your own sauce, give your lasagna a touch of your own to make the recipe much more innovative than the original one.